Automatic juicers can be seen in every urbane household nowadays. This machine was first introduced in 1945 and has since been one of the most wanted kitchen appliances. The automatic juicers are not only found in homes but are also an important component of the kitchens of hotels, restaurants and cafeterias.
Juicers have a very specific function and they help in separating the juice from the fibre found in fruits. However, most people often tend to interchangeably use the term juicer and blender. However, that is not the correct approach as blenders and juicers are two absolutely different things with different specifications and functions.
And, here’s more on the technology of a blender vs juicer.
• To put it in simple terms, juicers ideally crush and squeeze the fruits to extract the juice while the blenders chop and mix all the ingredients with the help of one blade.
• Also, while blenders can be the immersion and stick kinds, juicers are of the following types. Twin-gear/triturating juicers, hand-crank juicers, centrifugal juicers and masticating/cold-press juicers.
• Also, while the blenders usually have only one blending jar with a blade, juicers have a few separate parts and not all are dishwasher safe.
Understanding the differences between juicing and blending
When making a juice with the help of a juicer all the fibres are removed and what people get is a concentrated liquid. However, when blending, nothing is thrown away or wasted and the fruit fibre that is blended along gives a thick smooth consistency. The blenders also have various adjustments that enable people to get a little coarse or smooth liquid.
Overview of the different kinds of juicer
Centrifugal Juicers: In this type of a juicer, the metal blade rotates and presses the fruit against an inbuilt strainer. And, since the strainer is there to separate the pulp and juice, concentrated juice flows into the container that is meant for collecting the juice. These juicers usually are not as expensive and as such very commonly found.
Cold Pressor Masticating Juicers: These are usually the more sophisticated machines and ideal for very health conscious people who want to derive the maximum benefits of the juice. These juicers ideally work by pressing and crushing the fruits.
Differences in the end products derived using juicers vs blenders
• Juices ideally have more concentrated amounts of vitamins and nutrients
• Juices facilitate better absorption of nutrients
• Juices are quite easy to absorb and digest
• Smoothies have a lot of fibers and as such are more filling
• Smoothies have a lot of antioxidants and even reduce wastage
Which one to buy, a juicer or a blender?
Making a decision, whether to buy a juicer or a blender is often quite confusing as people do not usually know the difference between the two and their end outcomes. Here’s how to decide which machine to go for.
If you have digestion problems and cannot digest high fiber content, you must always go for juicers as juices are easy to digest.
However, if you have issues with easy bowel movement and constipation, you must try to have an ample amount of smoothies as these have rich
Therefore, with a thorough understanding of the differences between the technology and the final outcome of blenders and juicers, you can easily make your choice when looking to buy one.